Wednesday, February 07, 2007

My Opening Farewell

I wanted to let everyone know that I'll be playing a background role with the program for the foreseeable future. I'm beginning a new job at the end of the month which will limit my time and ability to continue as a lector or announcer here, and I believe that the long-term health of Verbum Domini will be best served by my stepping aside.

Thankfully, we now have a wonderful team of dedicated readers to carry on, and a rich sonorous baritone to introduce the program each day (belonging to my friend Paul Camarata of The SaintCast).

After nearly two years of producing this program, week in and week out, it is a rather bittersweet moment for me, not dissimilar to watching a child grow more independent. I'm confident that the program will continue to grow, to improve and to meet the needs of our listeners in the months and years to come, and that knowledge gives me a great deal of pleasure.

For the time-being, I'll continue to help coordinate the effort, and rest assured that I'll keep the program, the lectors and the listeners, in my heart, my thoughts and my prayers. Thanks to all of you for your help and encouragement over the past two years.

Best,

Brian

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

May God walk with you and bless you in your new endeavors.

9:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brian, thank you so much for all of your readings and for the organizing of this podcast. Living here in Osaka, your podcast, along with the Saintcast has been a lifeline for my Catholic faith.

Best wishes and hopes to you in your new job. God bless you.

And welcome Paul, thank you for taking up the torch! If I can be of any help, please let me know.

7:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brian,

Best of luck with everything. I do hope you'll make a guest appearence from time to time. Once all of the cycles are complete won't it just be a matter up uploading the recorded show? Don't you already have cycles A and B in the can?

Michael

2:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home