Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Permission Request Withdrawn

Here's the text of an email I sent to the USCCB/CCD Permissions Office this afternoon. I'm considering the matter closed.

Folks:

I've spent much time in prayer over the past few days and had
something of an epiphany this morning. To be brief, I no longer wish
to use the NAB text for the Podcast in any event. I felt it best to
let you know immediately, so that you won't spend any more of your
time and resources in consideration of the matter.

I'll make sure that listeners know that this was my choice.

I trust that this resolves the issue to your satisfaction, and again
apologize for any infringement that might have occurred.

Although I suspect that this offer won't be of interest to you, I
would still be very happy for you to link to my Website or to the
Podcast as a resource for others. For the time-being at least, I'll be
using the Douay-Rheims.

http://verbumdomini.com

http://feeds.feedburner.com/VerbumDomini

Thank you once again for all of your efforts, and please let me know
if I can ever be of assistance to you in any way.

Brian Noe

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think USCCB should have given you a job.

G.

2:50 AM  
Blogger Jeff Miller said...

I prefer the D-R over the NAB, so I think this was a good think.

I have been listenting to your podcast for the last couple of months and enjoy it.

By the way welcome to the parish of St. Blogs.

http://www.splendoroftruth.com/curtjester

5:20 PM  
Blogger Rick Lugari said...

Welcome to St. Blog's.

Nice letter. The thing is that you mentioned in it that you would be using the D-R.

The folks at the USCCB are probably already forming a few committees to evaluate the situation and I wouldn't be surprised if they offer to pay you to switch back to the NAB.

7:10 PM  
Blogger Noebie said...

Because of the level of interest, the USCCB may be pursuing their own Podcast of the Daily Readings. I wish them well.

Brian

10:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really have been enjoying your podcasts for the past months and I enjoy the D-R over the NAB as well. Thanks for the podcasts! ~J

12:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home